Arizona

by Recruiter on August 19, 2011

Arizona’s major industries include agriculture, manufacturing and mining, and tourism.  According to Netstate.com, Arizona’s top five agricultural products are cattle and calves, lettuce, dairy products, cotton, and hay; 47% agricultural production is livestock and the remaining 53% is in crops. Fabricated metal products, computer and electronic equipment, and food products are produced in Arizona.  Copper, silver and gold have been mined in Arizona for centuries.  Arizona Guide notes “in 2007, more than 60 percent of all copper mined in the United States came from Arizona.” Lastly, the tourism industry provides a boost to Arizona’s economy with millions of tourist visiting the state and all the state has to offer – great golfing, Grand Canyon, world class spas and resorts, museums, etc.
The United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics notes the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate in Arizona increased from 9.1% in May 2011 to 9.3% in June 2011.  This increase reflects the seasonal and government job losses.  Arizona Department of Administration states “Government had the most losses by far of all the sectors, losing 49,100 jobs, mainly in state and Local Public Education.

SOURCE: Arizona Nonfarm Industry Employment Projections 2008 to 2018
Current Job Listings:
IT Specialist (Customer Support) at Department Of Health And Human Services www.usajobs.gov
Salary range $37,855.00 – $70,236.00 /year
Major Accounts Sales Representative at ADP www.adp.com
First year earnings potential is in the $75K-90K range

Media Consultant at Cox Media www.coxmedia.com

Leave a Comment

Previous post: